Oscars 2019 Betting

Each year at Los Angeles, all of the gorgeous people of Hollywood collect together to hand gold-plated decorations and pat each other on the back in an event called the Academy Awards. The first ceremony took place in 1929, and it has grown into an annual pop culture phenomenon full of style and pageantry. Some watch for those awards, while countless others tune in to find out exactly what the celebs are wearing on the red rug.
In addition to seeing the event, fans of gaming and/or cinema may also take advantage of Oscars gambling. Most sportsbooks provide a smattering of alternatives around awards season, along with the savvy cinephile has an opportunity to wash up on a couple of underdog bets.
Oscar Voting Works
Oscar winners are voted on by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. There are approximately 6,000 members in this organization, 33 percent of which are comprised of former award nominees. The other 67% are nominated by current members and voted in by the Academy’s governing body.
In most categories, nominees are determined by the members of that particular category. For instance, supervisors determine the nominees for Best Director. The Best Picture nominees are voted on by all members, and categories such as Documentary and Australian Film are chosen by a particular panel.
After the nominees are announced, members may vote at all available classes. The results are tabulated and announced during the yearly telecast of the Oscars (held in late February). Winning or being nominated for an Oscar raises a film’s revenue, and male celebrities may enjoy a salary bump of around 81%.
Academy Award Betting Options
Some sportsbooks offer a wide range of wagers for the Oscars, while others limit the amount to one or two. Listed below are among the most common:
Futures Winner — Many websites offer future bets on Oscar winners before the nominations are announced. The chances are higher due to the level of doubt, but the potential payout is also greater.
Outright Winner — All these odds are published after the nominees are announced, and they allow players to forecast the winners for various categories. Best Picture and Best Actor are always a given, but a few sites may take wagers on Screenplay, Cinematography, and even Best Animated Feature.
Over/Under — If a movie is nominated for multiple Oscars, anticipate an over/under to be accessible. Within this style of wagering, the bettor must choose if the true number of awards earned will be greater or lower than the amount recorded by the oddsmaker.
Proposition Bets — Also called”prop bets,” this kind of wager can cover a wide range of subject matter. Examples might include the over/under about the length of the series, the brand of apparel worn by a star, or whether or not the host takes a selfie with someone during the broadcast. Some oddsmakers can become quite wild with this option.
Predicting Oscar Winners

Read more here: https://socialoptimizers.com/?p=1921